Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

John and Kate + Eight = Disgust

Or at least it should.
My wife has written a blog about this today. I am pretty sure you can find a link to it somewhere on my blog. I just finished reading it and I was inspired to write a word or two. I agree with everything she said and wanted to share my take on it. Like Alison said, we don't watch this show. I too have only seen what "The Soup" has show.

I have heard people say that it is "sad" in regards to their marriage falling apart. I'm sorry, but I don't think it is sad. I think it is disgusting. I think it is disgusting that a woman can be so unfazed by her husband cheating on her and ultimately ditching her that she can continue to invite video cameras in to film the debacle. I think it is disgusting that a man can say to world that he that he is excited about leaving his children. That is essentially what he is doing. Sure, there will be visitation, but only enough to keep his face on the television show. I am sure people will say, "Yeah, he cheated, but who could blame him? His wife was a !" However, from what I have see of him, he is a pathetic little man. If things were so terrible, he should have grown a pair and fought for his marriage. He should have fought for his children.

There are now 8 innocent children who will be raised by a neurotic ego-maniac mother and occasionally visited by a pathetically weak man. In my short adult life I have seen many marriages just "suddenly" fall apart. There seems to be one of two factors or both that are present.

One is a hurried up time table. People in the first decade of their marriage want now what their parents worked 30 years for. They can't afford it now so they will either work themselves into the ground neglecting themselves and their families or they will charge it. After all, "their good for it." Our current economy is evidence of how well this plan works. "I know that I can't currently afford this size of a home loan, but they wouldn't approve this much if they didn't think I would be able to within the 50 years I will be paying it. Right?" This addiction to accumulation puts unneeded pressure on anyone in the marriage who is working. They begin to feel that the other can't be happy unless they make more money. They can't make more unless they work more. Working more just adds more stress and takes away time that should be invested into their family and marriage. John and Kate wanted the big house, fame, dance lessons for the kids, new cars, the play ground equipment for the kids, and all the other things that they "need", so they said "let's film it."

The second factor that is so often present is a weak man. A weak man is any guy who let's his wife or anyone else verbally and mentally abuse their children. A weak man is any guy who sees his family going down the crapper and sits quietly. A weak man is any guy who doesn't stand up and say, "You are taking my kids out of under my roof and my protection over my dead body." It's any man who can't keep his man parts in his pants because he is so unhappy. He's unhappy because he's too weak to tell his wife how miserable and unhappy he is.

These two people love having their names in the title of a TV show. As they focused on how to keep it there, they forgot all about the only part of that title that makes their lives the least bit interesting, the "eight" children. Of course, it will all be filmed for the world to see. Actually, it will only continue to be filmed as long as people tune in to watch the carnage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And in this case and in so many similar situations - the children lose, and lose HUGE to the selfishness of the parents.

Thanks for being my man.