Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 27, 2009

People don't realize how awesome my wife really is.

It is a well known fact that I have an amazingly awesome wife, but people don't how awesome she really is. People see the lunches she prepares for me, the meet our amazing kids (which she deserves much of the credit for), and they hear about her running.

She does some really awesome things that go unseen.

James has been really interested in knights lately. He has recently spent his allowance on some little knight toys (like little green army men, but knights). I was sitting there remembering about a really awesome cardboard castle and plastic knight set that my brother Jason and I had. I was telling James about it when Alison said, "I bet we could make a castle out of cardboard."

It took Alison less than 24 hours to build that castle. I typically get credit for being the artist, but Alison is a pretty talented artist in her own right. You have probably seen the pinatas that she has made for birthdays or the Halloween costumes she has made.

Alison takes being a mom very seriously. You will not hear her making excuses for not doing what her family needs her to do. You won't hear complaining about what SHE feels that she should be doing. This castle took her hours to make. She had other things that she could have been doing and things she probably would have enjoyed a lot more. The amazing thing is that she does this kind of thing all the time and trust me no matter how sweet and great they are 5 year olds and 2 year olds are very good at being grateful. Alison knows that she won't get the praise and thanks that she deserves, but that is not why she does any of it.

I am so thankful for all that she does for me and our two children. God has blessed me in many ways (great job, great house, great friends, health, healthy children), but he has given me no greater blessing than my beautiful and talented wife.

No comments: